Will the Voltage on the USB Type-C Current without PD (5V 15W) be of same stability as in PD?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4661451
Level 1
Level 1

I need power distribution (5V 3A) and data communication through USB Type-C, for FX3. Will the power using USB Type-C Current deviate from the power I would get using PD, say implementing EZ-PD BCR?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Arne,

We are not expected that you will do soldering the MUX to our EVK (CYUSB3KIT-003). If you would like to try it, it is your call.

We expect the customer will create their board based on the schematic that I have shown.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HirotakaT_91
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Hello,

5V3A is a Type-C standard. You do not need to use USB PD.

You can refer to the following KBA so as to develop FX3-based USB Type-C design.

Designing FX3™/CX3-Based USB Type-C Products - KBA218460

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes

Thank you. How can I include the suggested Mux (PI3USB302-A) with a development board? I understand that I need CYUSB3KIT-003.

Best regards Arne

0 Likes

Hi Arne,

We are not expected that you will do soldering the MUX to our EVK (CYUSB3KIT-003). If you would like to try it, it is your call.

We expect the customer will create their board based on the schematic that I have shown.

Best regards,

Hirotaka Takayama

0 Likes