Initialized/Default data in FM25V20A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sara_4655351
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using FM25V20A and I would like to write some data into memory locations. If I try to read the locations, then I am getting random values.

What is the default value (for example, 0xFF or 0x00)

Regards,

Satheesh

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

The data in FRAM when Cypress ship our devices from our factory is 0x00 (all locations). Please see more details in the following knowledge base article, FRAM Contents when Shipped from Cypress - KBA88164​ .

To help you with this issue, we would like to know some more details.

1. When do you observe random data in FRAM? While reading default data from a new FRAM or while reading a known data already written into the FRAM. Please clarify.

2. Are you observing this issue with all of the FRAM (FM25V20A) devices that you tested? How many devices are failing?

3. From where did you purchase the FRAM devices. Can you provide more details?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

The data in FRAM when Cypress ship our devices from our factory is 0x00 (all locations). Please see more details in the following knowledge base article, FRAM Contents when Shipped from Cypress - KBA88164​ .

To help you with this issue, we would like to know some more details.

1. When do you observe random data in FRAM? While reading default data from a new FRAM or while reading a known data already written into the FRAM. Please clarify.

2. Are you observing this issue with all of the FRAM (FM25V20A) devices that you tested? How many devices are failing?

3. From where did you purchase the FRAM devices. Can you provide more details?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes