I tried but unfortunately nothing changed, the GPIO_4 signal is still steady while sending data both ways.
Is there any other operation to be executed in order to enable flow control on PUART? Are there any other parameters to be set?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I just check with EZ-Serial FW engineer. The RTS is not avaliable in the current EZ-Serial. We are working on this problem.
It will be fixed in the later FW.
Sorry for my mistake. The RTS for the CYBT-353027 is already supported in the current EZ-Serial FW.
RTS is low in default. When WICED module can not receive data, it pull RTS to high to prevent peer send more data. You must send data fast enough. We suggest you test with Tera Term UART tool because it can send data quite fast.
353027 EVAL board does not connect RTS pin(P1/GPIO4) of module to usb2uart chip. So you have to use external USB2UART converter.
- Put pin of PUART(SW5) of 353027 EVAL to off.
- Connect VDD, Gnd, PUART_RXD(J7),PUART_TXD(J7),RTS(GPIO_4 in J4),CTS(I2C_SDA/P3 in J4) to relative pins of USB2UART.
- STU, F=1 . set flow control
- Start TeraTerm and connect to COM port of above USB2UART which connect to 353027 EVA.
Using flow control as HARDWARE.
3. Start SPP(or CYSPP) connection to 353027.
4. In Tera term terminal, send file. If you only send few data or commands, it won't triger the RTS signal because the PUART can always receive more data.
We can observe that GPIO_4 have high plus which is RTS signal.