6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 10:43 PM by yuxi_3250341

S29jl064j simulation model compile error.

yuxi_3250341

Hi there,

I'm currently using S29jl064j simulation model in my design. I experienced some problems during the sim job, so I intend to use the testbench inside of the simulation model to re-run the sim, and see what the device model behaves.

Following the instructions in the manual (S29jl064j\Model_Manual_English.pdf):

•  conversions.vhd : compile to library FMF

•  gen_utils.vhd: compile to library FMF

•  model.vhd: compile to library work

The file model.vhd depends on conversion.vhd and gen_utils.vhdand therefore needs to be compiled only after these two files.

I do the sim according to above requirements, but the simulator just throws error info:

** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find work.amd_tc_pkg.

** Error: D:/UFD_sync/delete/S29jl064j/utilities/CreateSDF/testbench.vhd(41): (vcom-1195) Cannot find expanded name "work.amd_tc_pkg".

** Error: D:/UFD_sync/delete/S29jl064j/utilities/CreateSDF/testbench.vhd(41): Unknown expanded name.

** Error: D:/UFD_sync/delete/S29jl064j/utilities/CreateSDF/testbench.vhd(46): VHDL Compiler exiting

From the error info, it seems like something "amd_tc_pkg" is missing. I searched through all files in the simulation model directory, and I only find the following lines in testbench.vhd model:

LIBRARY work;

USE work.amd_tc_pkg.ALL;

Such "amd_tc_pkg" is used here, but it is NOT defined anywhere else.

So my questions are:

How can I fix the error?

How do I run simulation with the "\S29jl064j\utilities\CreateSDF\testbench.vhd" testbench?