BCM43362 can not receive broadcast packets in STA mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all!

I am using WICED-SDK 3.1.2 transplanted to our own platform (lwip + RTOS). SPI bus Interface.

In STA mode, when successfully joined an AP ,  I found BCM43362 can not receive broadcast packets(such as ARP packets), It seems like all broadcast packets were filtered out, and the BCM43362 did not trigger MCU GPIO Interrupt. However, other types of packets received properly, the TCP and UDP can be normal operation.

I used WLC_SET_PROMISC option enable promiscuous mode, it is still invalid.

Can anyone help me?

消息编辑者为:tao yang

0 Likes
4 Replies
JoYi_1844281
Level 6
Level 6
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 likes received

Are you sure ?

If LwIP could not received ARP packet , How it get TCP/UDP work ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jone!

Thank you for your reply.

I mean, In addition to the broadcast packets, other types of packets are normal. So, if my device first Ping the external host, the MAC address has been cached, then TCP&UDP can work properly (ARP no longer needs). But the external host could not Ping this device first.

0 Likes

How you device send out first ping packet ? How the ping packet know destination MAC ?

All the protocol base on IP layer NEED ARP to resolved MAC address and IP address!

Except your device configure static ARP table entries  !

You could capture the AIR packet to see how the ARP/IP work !

And there are a lot snip example source there, you should check those first!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My device has a ping function , so, if I enter " ping 192.168.0.2 ",  network packets will work like this:

bcm43362 out : ARP -Who has 192.168.0.2, because it is broadcast, the destination address is ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.

Then received a 192.168.0.2 host response(this response is a unicast), and MAC address has been cached.

Then BCM43362(LWIP) use the ICMP protocol to carry out the ping function.

My device's sending function is normal. You can send a broadcast, but you can't receive it.

0 Likes