Is it OK to use CYUSB3KIT-003 as self-powered

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

In CYUSB3KIT-003 the VBUS pin of FX3 is connected to the output of U11.

Then when J3 is removed and VBUS pin of FX3 will depends on external power state instead of VBUS from USB connector.

Will this have problem when the host PC change power states and can the firmware be modifired to deal with this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

On removing J3,   FX3 VBUS from USB connector's VBUS will be disconnected and the device won't enumerate as host connection won't be detected by FX3

VBUS is not only used to power up the FX3  but is used for build the USB connection between.

VBATT pin is used for self power mode device. But in SuperSpeed Explorer kit the VBATT Pin is NC. So you can't use SuperSpeed Explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) in Self Power Mode

Please let me know the reason to enable self power mode in SuperSpeed Explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003)

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

On removing J3,   FX3 VBUS from USB connector's VBUS will be disconnected and the device won't enumerate as host connection won't be detected by FX3

VBUS is not only used to power up the FX3  but is used for build the USB connection between.

VBATT pin is used for self power mode device. But in SuperSpeed Explorer kit the VBATT Pin is NC. So you can't use SuperSpeed Explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003) in Self Power Mode

Please let me know the reason to enable self power mode in SuperSpeed Explorer kit (CYUSB3KIT-003)

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
emis_4652466
Level 1
Level 1

The USB driver for FX3 necessitates that the gadget has the option to distinguish Vbus USB 3.0 is a physical SuperSpeed Cheap Essay Writing Services transport joined with a physical USB. The documentation expresses that when both are associated, the VBUS line.

Source:
Cheap Custom Essay | CheapEssay247 USA.

0 Likes
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

Now I've tried self powered mode, it works, when running USBBulkSourcSinkLE, the example continue to run when the PC sleep/restart/poweroff/poweron. Had the example response to any USB commands during these processes? During these processes the PC will send low power/reset commands to the device.

0 Likes

Hello,

Apologies for late reply.

Please let me know the method you followed to check the bulksrcsink example.

CYUSB3KIT-003 was in USB Boot mode or I2C EEPROM boot mode?

On using the default, bulksrcsink example you will get the USB LOGs (UART debug prints). Can you share the debug prints.

The below are the logs when the bulksrcsink firmware is programmed through USB

usblog.PNG

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes