PSOC4 Interrupts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
frro_3974886
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I am using CY8C4245AZI-M433 with P4.2 and P4.3 used as interrupt inputs.

PSOC creator 4.3 cannot assign P4.2 and P4.3 as interrupts.

Error message "Pin is not Routable"

The datasheet specifies that any IO pin can be used as input interrupt.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Note that you can use only one Pin Component with each physical GPIO port if the interrupt is enabled. The reason for this limitation is that all pin interrupts in a port are ORed together, as described in the GPIO Interrupt section. Therefore, only one IRQ signal can be shown on the schematic per port. For example, consider two Pin Components with interrupts enabled. These components cannot be mapped to pins in the same physical port.

The accepted method is to assign multiple pins to the same component. This ensures that there is only one IRQ signal in the schematic for that physical port. You can still assign each pin its own interrupt edge type. The only limitation is that the pins must be contiguous in the same port.

I have attached the same project which shows this implementation. Interrupt is enabled for both P4[2] and P4[3].

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Note that you can use only one Pin Component with each physical GPIO port if the interrupt is enabled. The reason for this limitation is that all pin interrupts in a port are ORed together, as described in the GPIO Interrupt section. Therefore, only one IRQ signal can be shown on the schematic per port. For example, consider two Pin Components with interrupts enabled. These components cannot be mapped to pins in the same physical port.

The accepted method is to assign multiple pins to the same component. This ensures that there is only one IRQ signal in the schematic for that physical port. You can still assign each pin its own interrupt edge type. The only limitation is that the pins must be contiguous in the same port.

I have attached the same project which shows this implementation. Interrupt is enabled for both P4[2] and P4[3].

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Can I send you my design showing errors

0 Likes

Yes please attach your project. Right click on Project > Archive Workspace / Project > Minimal and attach the zip file created.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes