How to read configuration stored on CY8CMBR3110-SX2I

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiPe_4640606
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Our company produces household appliance. One of that has touch control panel. We are using CY8CMBR3110-SX2I in that application. We download the configuration file to the chip (during production) using EZ-Click software.

My question is: how the production operator can re-check that each control panel has been configured correctly? Is there a way to read the configuration that is stored in the CY8CMBR3110-SX2I?

Is there a way to use EZ_Click in command mode, passing the generated configuration file as parameter?

Waiting for you kind reply.

Thanks

Gianni Perugini

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GiPe_4640606​,

Please refer to the Step 4: Verify Flash section in MBR3 programming specification to know how to verify that if the device has been loaded with the correct data.

https://www.cypress.com/file/133376/download

Ez-Click software is not recommended to be used for production programming. To configure large number of devices rapidly during mass production, Cypress recommends using a third-party programmer from RPM Systems Corporation. To configure the CY8CMBR3xxx controller using the third-party programmer, use the hex file of the configuration generated by EZ-Click. Contact RPM Systems Corporation for further information.

After the device has been loaded with the configuration data, each configuration byte from the device needs to be compared with the hex file content.

"The verification process starts from reading device configurations from the chip and compares it with the corresponding hex data. If there are any differences, the programmer must stop and return fail. The programmer reads the new data not directly from flash, but from the same volatile buffers that were used during programming. New flash data was automatically loaded there at the end of the programming step. This data must be identical to the flash's content, since "nobody" tried to change it between the Program and Verify steps."

pastedImage_1.png

Please let us know if this answers your query.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GiPe_4640606​,

Please refer to the Step 4: Verify Flash section in MBR3 programming specification to know how to verify that if the device has been loaded with the correct data.

https://www.cypress.com/file/133376/download

Ez-Click software is not recommended to be used for production programming. To configure large number of devices rapidly during mass production, Cypress recommends using a third-party programmer from RPM Systems Corporation. To configure the CY8CMBR3xxx controller using the third-party programmer, use the hex file of the configuration generated by EZ-Click. Contact RPM Systems Corporation for further information.

After the device has been loaded with the configuration data, each configuration byte from the device needs to be compared with the hex file content.

"The verification process starts from reading device configurations from the chip and compares it with the corresponding hex data. If there are any differences, the programmer must stop and return fail. The programmer reads the new data not directly from flash, but from the same volatile buffers that were used during programming. New flash data was automatically loaded there at the end of the programming step. This data must be identical to the flash's content, since "nobody" tried to change it between the Program and Verify steps."

pastedImage_1.png

Please let us know if this answers your query.

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

thanks for your answer.

My question is: how do you suggest to configure the CY8CMBR3110-SX2I on production?

Actually, we configure CY8CMBR3110 (solded on control panel) connecting it (via flat cable) to CY3280-MBR3 evaluation board using EZ_Click.

Waiting for your kind reply

Best regards

Gianni Perugini

0 Likes

Hi GiPe_4640606​,

Did you check with RPM Systems Corporation​ for third party programming for mass production?

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes