Characteristic properties

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnMo_4196841
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the difference between the different properties of a feature or a page where they explain it?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The properties you are seeing in the image are different GATT level properties where GATT Client and GATT server are able to access GATT database. Please refer Volume 3, Part G, Section 3.3 Characteristic definition of BLE 4.2 Spec (attached) for more information about those properties.

Please refer BLE component datasheet GATT Server and GATT Client APIs section which mentions all the APIs related to those properties.

https://www.cypress.com/file/464666/download

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The properties you are seeing in the image are different GATT level properties where GATT Client and GATT server are able to access GATT database. Please refer Volume 3, Part G, Section 3.3 Characteristic definition of BLE 4.2 Spec (attached) for more information about those properties.

Please refer BLE component datasheet GATT Server and GATT Client APIs section which mentions all the APIs related to those properties.

https://www.cypress.com/file/464666/download

Thanks

Ganesh

Hi,

Do you know what is the difference between Notification and Indication in PSoC Creator? And, what is the function of Broadcast like Characteristic Property (The Broadcast which appear in the photo that I attached in the first message)?

In the official document, it is define like the next, but I dont understand what it can do:

Broadcast: If set, permits broadcasts of the Characteristic Value using Server Characteristic Configuration Descriptor. If set, the Server Characteristic Configuration Descriptor shall exist.

Thanks

0 Likes