cyfwstorprog source code and encrypting emmc content

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FuBe_4381791
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello!

I'm looking for the source code for cyfwstorprog as the board I have is a custom FX3S and uses different GPIO's to the standard set by the SDK.

I'm also wondering if it's possible to encrypt emmc content, and whether general content on the emmc chip itself can be encrypted from the SIB interface?

The firmware example for MSC does not pass through the CPU, so I was wondering what options there are to protect data in the EMMC and still maintain a high speed?

Regards!

Fujimi

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Fujimi,

Please find the attached source of cyfwstorprog. It is not updated one. Please try the fix mentioned in the thread you pointed in cystorbootwriter firmware source.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
FuBe_4381791
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

There is a post: emmc boot failure on CYUSB2024

Where can I get the updated cyfwstorprog? I think I am having the same issue, I can't seem to get the device to use boot1, but I may just be silly. I am using SDK 1-3-4.

Regards!

Fujimi

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Hemanth

Hi Fujimi,

Please find the attached source of cyfwstorprog. It is not updated one. Please try the fix mentioned in the thread you pointed in cystorbootwriter firmware source.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Thanks!

That should solve most of the issues!

Is there any strategy you guys have for encrypting data as it is passing through from USB to storage?

I don't see any possible operation that can be done with data in the way the MSC example is set up....

Regards!

Fujimi

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Fujimi,

As of now we don't have an example to encrypt the data going from USB to SIB. But you can try that by configuring the DMA channel (UIB to SIB) as Manual - by doing so, as you might know, you would get a DMA callback in which before committing the data to SIB socket you can process it. But note that you would be delaying the completion of DMA callback. So, you need to try it out.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes

Hello!

I've been trying to get this project to compile but I'm having issues with the dependencies.

Where is scsi.h from? I'm certain it's from the windows driver kit, but I think it's been updated and so does not work and I don't know which version to get/where to get the correct one.

Can you please send the details of the environment and what is used through?

I might just need the scsi.h file, but I don't know what else it relies on....

Regards!

Fujimi

0 Likes

This project uses WDK 8.1, it can be downloaded from here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=323507

Thanks! I've got manual going on this chip as well, it's halved the speed I was getting before but I can probably squeeze some more performance somehow.

0 Likes