6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2020 6:17 PM by RodolfoG_11

Porting FatFs to PSoC 6

DaDo_4625751

Hello,

I am working on a master thesis project where basically I need to create a stand alone datalogger. While connection to the different sensors is not an issue, I cannot find an "easy" way to save the data somewhere and read it on a PC (best would be to generate a csv file).

I am trying now to save the data on a SD card using SPI communication and FatFs. However, it seems there is no code working "out of the box" and my experience is very limited, so I ask for help to the community.

I have found the following GitHub

GitHub - hackingchips/PSoC_FatFs: Port of ELM-CHAN FatFs library to Cypress PSoc microcontrollers.

I've tried to modify the sdcard.c and main file (my files in attachment) to match PSoC 6 macros, but I always get a "sdcard not ready" error.

I have also tried to use the workaround code given in emFile component for PSoC 6 . I can read the files on the card, but the code does not include any writing capability and implement it myself is out of my league.

Can I get help from somebody? Or perhaps, does anybody already have a working code?

BTW, I am using Clicker 2 for PSoC® 6 with a microSD click.

Thanks a lot

Davide