BT Classic Multiple SPP + BT 5.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4639521
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

In one of my product i use Bluetooth to connect network master with few slaves (piconet). For last few years i used to use LMX9830 but its rather old and has few

disadvantages. There are two types of slaves in my network:

1. devices which work continuously delivering stream of data
  2. devices which generate short events

LMX9830 has problem with second type because its buffers architecture delay events from 10ms to 30ms. I hope, that BT 5.0 with its Low Energy can better handle this type of communication but i still need SPP working parallelly for first type of devices and because of backward compatibility.

Is Cypress has any product fulfil my needs?

I was thinking about CYW20719 but i found this: 20719 Multiple Simultaneous SPP Sessions

Could you advise me something?

Best Regards

Wojciech

0 Likes
1 Solution

As per my knowledge, according to SPP spec, only one connection can be active at a time. This acts like a point-to-point communication.

As of now we are not planning to upgrade this feature any time soon.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hello Wojciech,

As mentioned in 20719 Multiple Simultaneous SPP Sessions , only one 'active' spp data transfer is possible with Cypress devices. You can go for CYW20719, CYW20706 (4.2 compliant) Bluetooth chips supported in WICED SDK.

Also, we have CYW20819, CYW20719B2 supported in Modus Toolbox; these both chips are 5.0 compliant.- https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Hello SheetalJ,

Thank you!

I guess that it is limitation of software, am i right?

If yes, is Cypress has any plan in future to upgrade software and support more then one active SPP?

0 Likes

As per my knowledge, according to SPP spec, only one connection can be active at a time. This acts like a point-to-point communication.

As of now we are not planning to upgrade this feature any time soon.