3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2020 2:39 AM by KavyaB_76

S6j32GEL: Ghs probe debugger fails to connect to the mcu through jtag interface

MoHe_4629066

I'm facing the issue mention in this article:

Debugger Connection Failure in Traveo S6J3XXX Series – KBA219108

This behavior just happened after flashing some software using Multi fast flashing programmers.

Does anyone have a clue for what happened ?

I already tried to do a mass erase for the chip through IAR for Arm using i-jet debugger but also failed to connect to the mcu

• 1. Re: S6j32GEL: Ghs probe debugger fails to connect to the mcu through jtag interface
          KavyaB_76

Hello Mohamed,

There are 5 reasons mentioned in the KBA to see this behavior. Could you please check and let us know which among the 5 reasons are already taken care and might not be the cause of the issue? For example, whether external clock is oscillating and whether power supply is proper etc.

Please provide some logs and screenshots for further analysis. Could you also share the settings of Multi fast flashing programmer you used when you programmed before seeing this issue? You may share the screenshot for this.

Thanks,

Kavya

• 2. Re: S6j32GEL: Ghs probe debugger fails to connect to the mcu through jtag interface
            MoHe_4629066

I could check the oscillator and the power supply and the mode pin and all these options are correct. The only option that i doubt is the case is that the safety function is activated but i i don know how to check this. Also i got this weird behavior twice, one after trying to program the whole FLASH with zeros and the process didn't complete correctly using the fast flashing tool. And after this i couldn't connect to the Ecu anymore. The second time happened when trying to flash srec file using Multi fast flashing tool. The configuration for multi flashing was the same for both, i didn't define a target target script so the default one is used, also address bank 0x59f0000 ..  and 1K for RAM size at address 0. I got these options values from a flash burn command used in a python script for starting debug session in multi, and this script is flashing correctly and never cause any problem. i add screenshot for fast flash programmer tool as soon as i could get it.

My own thought is that, when using the flash programmer the default script is run before flashing started, and i think that this default script some may fail to hold the ecu reset state while flashing so may this causes some error during flashing process so the safety function is activated and the target is somehow locked

Also when starting a debug session, the same flash burn command is used to flash the software but after some mcu preparationsl steps implemented in a python script, and these steps could be different from the steps in the default mbs file used by the fast flash programming.

Thanks you so much for your help and support

fast flash programmer.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: S6j32GEL: Ghs probe debugger fails to connect to the mcu through jtag interface
              KavyaB_76

Hello Mohamed,

Supporting further on this thread might involve sharing some Cypress confidential data. Please contact your local Cypress sales representatives.

Thanks,

Kavya