Streamer application is used to find the data transfer rate from the host to FX3 or from FX3 to host. This is the reason why a set of continuous 0xEFs are transmitted by streamer application. Please refer to the following thread to understand the implementation of the same in the source code of streamer application.
As the purpose of streamer is to check the throughput of data transfer, it is not recommended to change this default data which is sent by the streamer application. In order to send a text file, please make use of control center application. For this, follow the steps given below:
1. Load the firmware to FX3 using control center Application. Then browse to the Bulk Out Endpoint and click on Transfer File - OUT Button as shown below:
2. Browse to the location where the file is stored. Select it and press Open. This is shown below:
3. This will transfer the required file from the host to FX3 as shown below:
Thanks for your reply.
It seems that the file size that we can send is is limited to 4 MB.
What should we do if our file is more than 4 MB?
Please let me know the following:
1. What is the application firmware which you are using in this project? Is it an example project that comes along with FX3 SDK or have you made any changes on it?
2. You are trying to send some data from control center to U Port. To which block of FX3 is this transferred data routed to? Or what are you doing with this data?
3. How much is your file size?
4. When you are trying to send a file of greater than 4MB, what is the error that you are getting?
5. Is it possible to split the data into multiple files?
Really thanks for your reply.
1- I am using Using FX3 GPIF in Serial Mode : Example projects
2- I send data to GPIF II (serial out) in pin 15 and 13.
3- I should generate some data in real time and send. but now for simulation, I want to send a large file(around 300 MB) for testing.
4- BULK OUT transfer
BULK OUT transfer failed with Error Code:997
5- yes. I can split data.
This is an expected Behaviour. Control center only allows to transfer files of size 4MB successfully in a go. Please split the data which you want to send into multiple data pieces so that each data piece is less than or equal to 4MB. This can be successfully transferred using Control Center.