DCT crash on CYW43907

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HIUR_3769846
Level 3
Level 3
First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I met the DCT crash, but I could not save the action log. Therefore, now I try to reproduce the crash. I would like to get the advice which area I need to check firstly.

DCT crash means some of DCT area show all 1 bit. For example, mac address, WIFI setting and so on show 0xFF.

Our environment,

SDK: 6.4

Device: CYW43907

OTA: OTA2

Build: -CYW943907AEVAL1F-ThreadX-NetX ota2_manuf_download JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H

BR, Hiroyuki

0 Likes
7 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

hello:

need your help to do a compare test, using our 43907 evb board, try the same steps to see if DCT area has the same value "1" ,  I think the difference should be using a different JTAG:

JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H

and maybe you are using a different FLASH also for the OTA2.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. Maybe I misled you. I add the more information about our environments.
Firstly, I successfully write the application and DCT value to our board by above environments. After a few date, a lot of DCT value shows all 1. Now, I have any log about why value in DCT is changed. Therefore, I would like to get where data or function should be check.

BRs,Hiroyuki

0 Likes

I think you can use apps\snip\dct_read_write to check and print out the value of DCT area,  and find which element of the structure has been changed .  In my opinion we should not change any DCT area if you didn't have user data to write into it .

we have the document in the release,  WICED-DCT.pdf

you can take it as a reference.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

I cannot easily program dct_read_write application because our device is packed very very hard.

Therefore, I attached the dct command log as long as I can get by our application(regarding the SSID and Key, I already changed, so be careful).

Can I out and change the all dct value with command? Especially, I think some DCT value such as MAC address should be fixed before using.

BRs,

Hiroyuki

0 Likes

Hello:

I checked the log, it is very strange that the changed value skipped some volumes in the log.

Would you please add log to the place where SSID is operated ? I think it should be caused by code calling , not by overwriting or others.

Hi,
Sorry for confusing you.

As mentioned above, I changed some of parameters (SSID/wpa2) for another test by using dct command. Plase don't be care about these parameter.

BRs,

Hiroyuki

0 Likes

Hello:

sorry for the long time pending, Does this issue still exist now?

0 Likes