4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2020 10:34 PM by HeCh_4601451

CX3 RDK schematics relayout function check

HeCh_4601451

Hi Sir

I re-layout the e-CON_DENEBOLA_CX3_RDK_Schematics, modify MIPI CAMERA BRD CONNECTOR to Meet customer needs.

and can load e-con_CX3RDK_OV5640_Firmware_Package SDK_1.3.3 version to CX3 board (can download .img file to I2C EEPROM or SPI Flash.

(We don't have sensor board and Denebola – USB 3.0 UVC Reference Design Kit (RDK))

1. How to measure (or judge) whether MIPI CSI-2 signal is normal?

(At present, both MIPI_CAM_PWDN and MIPI_CAM_RST are in the L state)

2. About MIPI_CAM_PWDN and MIPI_CAM_RST are H or L under normal work in the SDK F/W version? At present, the two signals measured are L, can I change it to H?

• 1. Re: CX3 RDK schematics relayout function check
          YashwantK_46

Hello,

1.) Without the transmitter (Image Sensor), you can't really validate the timing parameters correctly as there is no source to drive the MIPI_CAM_PWDM and MIPI_CAM_RST lines.

Since there is no source, the lines will be in L state until they are driven by a source.

The following timing diagram is to be followed to comply with the MIPI spec:

2.) Also, you can't change the states from L to H as these will make the receiver to understand the line values in the opposite way.

It's not recommended to do such a thing and would be better if you could follow the timing diagram as shown above.

Regards,
          Yashwant

• 2. Re: CX3 RDK schematics relayout function check
            HeCh_4601451

Hi Sir

the MIPI_CAM_PWDM and MIPI_CAM_RST lines source not only from CX3 controller but also from the sensor?

Assuming I can get the customer sensor board, where do I mainly modify the F/W? Or just use tools to modify the parameters?.

• 3. Re: CX3 RDK schematics relayout function check
              YashwantK_46

Hello,

Can you please elaborate as to what you exactly want to achieve?

I am still not able to get a clear view of the what you exactly want.

Please tell me your exact application so that i can assist you better.

Regards,
              Yashwant

• 4. Re: CX3 RDK schematics relayout function check
                HeCh_4601451

Hi Sir

Thanks

Originally we only needed to provide the main board to the customer.

Customer is responsible for F/W design

"main board is that re-layout the e-CON_DENEBOLA_CX3_RDK_Schematics, modify MIPI CAMERA BRD CONNECTOR to Meet customer needs."

But now customer required me to get image through sensor

I don't have an F/W engineer

I want to find out what can be verified.