I am trying to run the debugger after programming a CYPD3174 device but it is stuck in the bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlMa_1521636
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Code Expert

I am trying to run the debugger after programming a CYPD3174 device but it is stuck in the cy_bootloader. Pressing run, waiting a few seconds, and pressing pause still shows that the program is in the cy_bootloader. I have the MiniProg3 VTARG connected to VDDD via a jumper pins 2 and 3. How do I get out of the bootloader??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please let us know if you programmed a custom firmware image into the device or the the existing binary from the CCGx Power SDK?

For running the main application firmware in debug mode, please use the noboot reference project for CYPD3174-24LQXQ from the SDK.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
cono_285081
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 5 replies posted First question asked

Check this post- short answer is to program and attach to running target

https://community.cypress.com/thread/15926?start=0&tstart=0

0 Likes

I do not want to debug the bootloader, I want the main code to be running in debug mode. I programmed and attached to running target, however The code is the disassembler showing cy_bootloader. It won’t single step.

0 Likes

Hello,

Please let us know if you programmed a custom firmware image into the device or the the existing binary from the CCGx Power SDK?

For running the main application firmware in debug mode, please use the noboot reference project for CYPD3174-24LQXQ from the SDK.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes