Device driver for S29GL512P NOR flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeJa_4621236
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to find low level device driver for S29GL512P NOR flash. Does anybody know where to get it from

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Deepak,

Are you referring to the Low Level Driver for Parallel NOR Flash devices? You can download it from here - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-nor-flash?source=search&...

Best Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Deepak,

Are you referring to the Low Level Driver for Parallel NOR Flash devices? You can download it from here - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-nor-flash?source=search&...

Best Regards,

Apurva

Hi Apurva,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I am not sure if my flash is a Parallel NOR flash. I can't see the data sheet mentioning this flash as parallel flash. Don't know how to confirm the same.

The path you sent has an executable there. I need source code for a low level driver of S29GL512P NOR flash.

0 Likes

Hi Deepak,

The MPN mentioned by you S29GL512P is a parallel device. In my previous response I was trying to confirm that you have requested for Low Level Driver code or some other device driver code.

Please download and install the executable file. Once installed, you will be able to extract the LLD code.

Regards,

Apurva

Hi Apurva,

Thanks for the clarification. I could install the executable and find low level driver for my device. I am on my way to integrate that into my code.

Also you mentioned

"The MPN mentioned by you S29GL512P is a parallel device. In my previous response I was trying to confirm that you have requested for Low Level Driver code or some other device driver code."

I am curious to know what are these other device drivers apart from low level driver?

Regards

Deepak

0 Likes

Hi Deepak,

The 'device driver' in the subject line confused me whether you are trying to interface the flash with a linux device and have requested the driver for that.

Regards,

Apurva 

0 Likes

Hi Apurva,

I have integrated the LLD with my code and I am able to do read, write, and erase operations.

Thanks you for your support. I appreciate that.

Regards

Deepak Jain

0 Likes