PSoC Creator 4.2: Error E1216

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YuAr_1521891
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

I'm working with PSoC 4 (device CY8C4247LQI-BL473). PSoC Creator's version is 4.2.

If I connect an input pin directly to UART component input, it works fine. But when I insert a NOT gate between the input pin and the UART input, I get the following error:

--------------- Build Started: 01/07/2020 08:59:36 Project: idf07-bomba, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath "C:\Users\projetos5\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.2" -.fdsnotice -.fdswarpdepfile=warp_dependencies.txt -.fdselabdepfile=elab_dependencies.txt -.fdsbldfile=generated_files.txt -.fdsreffile=referenced_files.txt -p C:\yuri\projetos\projetos-companytec\idf07\firmware\idf07-bomba.cydsn\idf07-bomba.cyprj -d CY8C4247LQI-BL473 -s C:\yuri\projetos\projetos-companytec\idf07\firmware\idf07-bomba.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC4 -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v3 -.fftcfgtype=LE

Elaborating Design...

HDL Generation...

Synthesis...

Tech Mapping...

ADD: pft.M0040: information: The following 1 pin(s) will be assigned a location by the fitter: DEBUG_DUMMY(0)

Analog Placement...

Analog Routing...

Analog Code Generation...

Digital Placement...

Digital Routing...

Error: rtr.M0004: E1216: Routing of net Net_348 Failed. Source : :udb@[UDB=(1,1)]:pld1:mc3.q, Sink : :m0s8scbcell_1.uart_rx

Error: rtr.M0004: Error routing design: Routing Failed (12)

Dependency Generation...

Cleanup...

Error: fit.M0050: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild. (App=cydsfit)

--------------- Build Failed: 01/07/2020 08:59:45 ---------------

This is the diagram I'm using in the design:
pastedImage_5.png
I have seen in some older threads that this error could happen in previous versions of PSoC Creator. Is this possible at all? Or may I'm having a real routing problem? Why the NOT gate's output could not be connect to the UART's input?
Uart component: SCB_P4_v4_0
NOT gate component: not_v1_0
IO pin version: cy_pins_v_2_20
Hope you can help.
Cheers,
Yuri
0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

NOT component is placed into a Universal Digital Block (UDB) programmable logic. Your implementation uses SCB based UART and UDB based NOT gate. Instead, you can optimize the routing by using UDB based components for both UART and NOT components.

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

NOT component is placed into a Universal Digital Block (UDB) programmable logic. Your implementation uses SCB based UART and UDB based NOT gate. Instead, you can optimize the routing by using UDB based components for both UART and NOT components.

pastedImage_1.png

YuAr_1521891
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello GeonaM_26,

I did as you suggested (using both UDB components) and it worked fine.

Thank you for the reply.

Cheers,

Yuri

0 Likes