When WICED Designer can support characteristic data size greater than 253 bytes?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeLo_1712431
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

In our application, some characteristic needs data size of 512 bytes.  Could you let me know when this Designer will support this?  It looks like the designer is supporting data length only up to 253 bytes in the database.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You may check out this video but I thought it may have some limitations for non-standard requirement like "long characteristics"....

WICED Smart Video BLOG: SDK 2.1 Smart Designer Tool Walk-Thru

heng

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may want to check out the "long_characteristic" application within the SDK and the below thread for more information on how to handle large data packets.

Support for very large characteristics

0 Likes

I understand that we can hand code GATT database as in "long_characteristic" app, but like to know if or when your Bluetooth Smart Designer will support the "long"database.  In our case, we have only one (out of hundreds of characteristics) that is very long and prevent us using Smart Designer.  Is there a way to work around on this issue?  Thanks!

0 Likes

You may check out this video but I thought it may have some limitations for non-standard requirement like "long characteristics"....

WICED Smart Video BLOG: SDK 2.1 Smart Designer Tool Walk-Thru

heng

0 Likes