star network With BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is there any example code to make star network for broadcom BLE chip (1 master and 8 slaves)?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

From the comments at the top of of the Hello_Client application (Central😞 /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/hello_client/hello_client.c

* The Hello Client application is designed to connect and access services

* of the Hello Sensor device.  Because handles of the all attributes of

* the Hello Sensor are well known, Hello Client does not perform GATT

* discovery, but uses them directly.  In addition to that Hello Client

* allows another master to connect, so the device will behave as a slave

* in one Bluetooth piconet and a master in another.  To accomplish that

* application can do both advertisements and scan.  Hello Client assumes

* that Hello Sensor advertises a special UUID and connects to the device

* which publishes it.

Hello_Sensor then acts as a Peripheral

Within Hello_Sensor, we also include a Hello_Client Peer app that runs on Windows: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/hello_sensor/peerapps/Windows/HelloClient

Not that a central can have up to 7 slaves connected: Re: How many peripherals suggested to connect by one central?

This is also a good thread on the topic: Additional master/slave questions on BCM20736/7 family

Many others are grouped together here: WICED Smart Forums (click on the "Master/Slave" category shown on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try hello_client.  Default max is 4 but you can change the max slaves to 8.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to use computer as a master.

Could you please let me know how I can get the information from 8 slaves?

I need a little bite more detail. I am new user.

Thanks

0 Likes

We provide a Windows based peer app for Hello Sensor, but not Hello Client.

You will need to use it to create an app for Hello Client on the PC.

The code for each is documented, but we unfortunately do not provide a step-by-step programming guide which covers the scenario you describe.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

as far as i know, these two example (Hello sensor and hello client) act as a slave. Could you please let me know more how can I create a BLE software to act as a master and read data from 8 slaves, simultaneously. If you let me know how star network is working on BLE and how mater BLE handle to connect to different slave it may help alot.

Please also net me know where I can download Windows based peer app for Hello sensor.

Many thanks

0 Likes

From the comments at the top of of the Hello_Client application (Central😞 /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/hello_client/hello_client.c

* The Hello Client application is designed to connect and access services

* of the Hello Sensor device.  Because handles of the all attributes of

* the Hello Sensor are well known, Hello Client does not perform GATT

* discovery, but uses them directly.  In addition to that Hello Client

* allows another master to connect, so the device will behave as a slave

* in one Bluetooth piconet and a master in another.  To accomplish that

* application can do both advertisements and scan.  Hello Client assumes

* that Hello Sensor advertises a special UUID and connects to the device

* which publishes it.

Hello_Sensor then acts as a Peripheral

Within Hello_Sensor, we also include a Hello_Client Peer app that runs on Windows: /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/hello_sensor/peerapps/Windows/HelloClient

Not that a central can have up to 7 slaves connected: Re: How many peripherals suggested to connect by one central?

This is also a good thread on the topic: Additional master/slave questions on BCM20736/7 family

Many others are grouped together here: WICED Smart Forums (click on the "Master/Slave" category shown on the left)

0 Likes

Note that we confirmed today with the Developers that the 20737/36 will support up to 8 slaves (i.e. it will be the master of all the 8 slaves).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

majid any updates?

0 Likes