5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2020 4:45 AM by YashwantK_46

Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons

MaSt_4567191

Hello

I am a question which is probably more related to eclipse, still I cannot find any help from their forums.

I set up Segger debuggin with cortex CX3. I set up the debugger (right click - Debug As and followed the instruction from the documentation). I am able to load the code via JTAG, laìunch the debugger and see the breakpoint @main entry point. So far so Good

Question is: how can I configure eclipse to use the segger debug confuration without passin from right-click and Debug as evetime? i.e. pushing the Debug Buttom on the eclips GUI? This is annoying. Same for the 'Run' button: both tri to execute C/C++ Application and gdb instead of the arm-bei-gb from the GNU-ARM tool chahin ...

I am digging among the zillions of eclipse options with no joy (very frustrating)

Thanks much

• 1. Re: Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons
          JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please let me know whether you want to have a shortcut for pressing debug or run button after configuring the debug environment or is it before configuring the debug environment?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 2. Re: Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons
            YashwantK_46

Hello,

There is no shortcut like the one requested if you haven't set the debug configuration environment in the first place.

You will have to firstly set up a debug configuration for your device following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

After setting up the configuration, you can just press F11 which will start the debug environment with the previously set configurations.

You can use Ctrl+F11 to use the Run option directly.

Regards,
            Yashwant

• 3. Re: Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons
              MaSt_4567191

pressing F11 deliver this error box

Error with command: gdb --version

Cannot run program "gdb": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

• 4. Re: Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons
                MaSt_4567191

The point is that I already a debug configuration for your device following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf but F11 does not lanch this. In other words, how can I force F11 to launch this debug configuration?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Eclipse and JTAG debugging: Run / Debug buttons
                  YashwantK_46

Hello,

There is a possible workaround for your issue but it can only be used in "Debug Perspective".

Please do the following steps:

1.) Open "Debug Configurations" menu by right clicking on the project and navigate to "Debug As" tab and click on "Debug Configurations".

2.) Set up a GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging instance by following the EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf from the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\EzUsbSuite_UG.pdf

3.) Launch the debug configuration by clicking on the "Debug" button.

4.) A new debug perspective will be launched with the running debug session.

5.) You can press F11 here to relaunch the same configuration.

NOTE:

1.) You will have to launch the J-Link Debug Session atleast once to use the above method to relaunch the same session.

2.)You can't use F11 to launch J-Link Session when you are in C/C++ View.

Regards,
                  Yashwant