Does FX3 can support H.264 in GPIF ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

My customer is using FX3 to do designing of Digital Video Recorder.

You can find customer-specific design concept as the following block diaram and my
questions are

Q1> In this design concept, part selection of FX3 is suitable definitely?

Q2>Could you support sample code which has datastream type like from h.264 to UVC.
In FX3 SDK, there is no sample code which can support H.264.  

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Wonjin Han.

0 Likes
3 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Wonjin Han,

Can you please tell how the FPGA will send data to FX3?
     -Will it be like PCLK, FV, LV and DATA

- Or do you have another way?

Also, can you please confirm that FPGA will be connected to FX3 via GPIF or not?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Yashwant.

Currently they are using the following design of GPIF in FX3 to get the H.264-compressed-image frames.

As you can find it, each size of H.264-compressed image frame is variable due to the fact that H.264-compression ratio pertains to each image frame quality and when compressed image frames are transferrred from FX3 UVC to Host system, Host Application doesn’t work apparently.

They believe GPIF design interface concept which consists of Data:8bit, LV, FV, CS is suitable.

pastedImage_0.png

but they don’t assure that this design concept with FX3 for h.264 streaming is robust so they are wondering whether cypress has UVC example source code with FX3 for h.264 streaming or not.

Thanks and regards,

Wonjin Han.

0 Likes

Hello Wonjin Han,

Can you please be a bit more elaborative about this: "As you can find it, each size of H.264-compressed image frame is variable due to the fact that H.264-compression ratio pertains to each image frame quality and when compressed image frames are transferrred from FX3 UVC to Host system, Host Application doesn’t work apparently."

What i understand from it is that you are not able to stream the data coming from FX3 to the host application using the default AN75779 app note example and state machine. Am i correct?

Also, can you probe the FV and LV coming from FPGA and share the oscilloscope traces so that i can verify them?

"but they don’t assure that this design concept with FX3 for h.264 streaming is robust"

-> Can you please explain what you meant by this?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes