1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2019 12:56 AM by JayakrishnaT_76

CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors

NoLe_4131831

If CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors have error count, it mans sensor's mipi signal is not match with it setting in CX3 MIPI Receiver Configuration, right?

this is my partial code, and I wake up my sensor by another way, so here I don't setting i2c sensor.

After I wake up my sensor, I set CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams.

Later, I get this error, and  there's no data capture by CX3

/* error message */

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 1 eidErrCnt: 255 frmErrCnt: 1 mdlErrCnt: 0

recSyncErrCnt: 0 recrErrCnt: 0 unrSyncErrCnt: 0 unrcErrCnt: 0

Start!

• 1. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
          JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

The function CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors is used to get a count of CSI protocol and physical layer errors from the MIPI-CSI block.

The function CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams is used for configuring the MIPI CSI block of CX3 over I2C. After the configuration, the interface clock can be switched on immediately or later. This is done by passing the second argument to the function. If it is CyTrue, then the interface clock is switched ON immediately after the configuration is done. Else, the interface clock has to be turned ON by calling CyU3PMipicsiWakeup().

I find that you have commented out the camera configuration settings. Please uncomment it and check whether it is streaming properly or not.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 2. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
            NoLe_4131831

Hi, I understand function CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams how to use, and my camera setting is configure by another way and I did it before function CyU3PMipicsiSetIntfParams, so there's mipi signal to cx3.

And I want to know whether function CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors can know "Input MIPI CSI protocol and physical layer errors" ?

• 3. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
              JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

The MIPI CSI protocol and physical layer errors can occur if the sensor configuration and MIPI receiver configuration do not match. Please check whether the configuration settings for sensor match with the MIPI receiver configuration. Also, can you please let me know whether you are using a custom board or not?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 4. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                NoLe_4131831

No, my CX3 circuit board is design by my company, and CX3 MIPI Receiver setting is base on our sensor setting, but it still get error.

So, whether I should confirm our sensor's MIPI CSI protocol and physical layer is right or not?

• 5. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                  JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

As you are using a custom board please ensure that the MIPI data and clock lanes of the sensor are routed correctly to the MIPI receiver.

Can you please share a snapshot of  Image Sensor Configuration and CX3 Receiver Configuration tabs of the MIPI configuration utility?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 6. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                    NoLe_4131831

Hi,

This is my Sensor Configuration and CX3 Receiver Configuration of the MIPI configuration, do you think this setting is okay?

And error message is like below, I get it one times about 5 second.

/*

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 0 eidErrCnt: 255 frmErrCnt: 1 mdlErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 255 eidErrCnt: 255 frmErrCnt: 0 mdlErrCnt: 0

recSyncErrCnt: 0 recrErrCnt: 0 unrSyncErrCnt: 255 unrcErrCnt: 255

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 0 eidErrCnt: 255 frmErrCnt: 0 mdlErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 255 eidErrCnt: 0 frmErrCnt: 0 mdlErrCnt: 0

recSyncErrCnt: 255 recrErrCnt: 255 unrSyncErrCnt: 0 unrcErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

recSyncErrCnt: 15 recrErrCnt: 255 unrSyncErrCnt: 15 unrcErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 255 eidErrCnt: 0 frmErrCnt: 0 mdlErrCnt: 0

recSyncErrCnt: 0 recrErrCnt: 0 unrSyncErrCnt: 15 unrcErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

recSyncErrCnt: 0 recrErrCnt: 15 unrSyncErrCnt: 0 unrcErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

crcErrCnt: 0 ctlErrCnt: 15 eidErrCnt: 0 frmErrCnt: 0 mdlErrCnt: 0

recSyncErrCnt: 255 recrErrCnt: 255 unrSyncErrCnt: 0 unrcErrCnt: 0

CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors:

*/

Can you give me some idea?

Thanks, Leo.

• 7. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                      JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

The configuration seem to be fine.

Please find my comments below:

1.It seems that you have used the debug prints in a callback function. It is not recommended to do do. Please shift the debugprints to the infinite for loop and then check whether you are getting the same errors.

2.Please confirm whether your sensors MIPI CSI protocol and physical layer are right or not as you mentioned above.

3.Is this application UVC compliant? If it is UVC compliant, what is the image format reported to host?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 8. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                        NoLe_4131831

Hi,

1. I have already remove the debugprints in callback function but the error still occur.

2. I will confirm my sensor's MIPI CSI protocol and physical layer, and I just want to confirm it that is this error only because the MIPI TX? or there's other reason?

If the error reason is only cause MIPI TX, I can just focus to tune my sensor. But if not, I want to know what other reason, so that I can solve it case by case.

3. my sensor input format is RAW8, and output is 16-bits UYVY format, it is CX3 MIPI Receiver configuration Tool setting and I doesn't change it.

• 9. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                          JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please find my comments for your questions below:

>>If the error reason is only cause MIPI TX, I can just focus to tune my sensor. But if not, I want to know what other reason, so that I can solve it case by case.

We have seen MIPI error counts due to 2 reasons. One is when the sensor configuration settings do not match with the MIPI receiver configuration settings. Another case is when the MIPI lanes from the sensor (P and N) are not routed correctly to the corresponding lanes of the MIPI receiver block of CX3.

As you have got almost all of the errors, there might be some issue with firmware also.Can you please share the entire project so that I can understand it more clearly.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 10. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                            JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please comment out the prints for MIPI errors and share the debug prints i.e please let me know what other prints you are getting other than MIPI errors.

Best regards,

Jayakrishna 

• 11. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                              NoLe_4131831

Hi,

there's some print for my info like below in CyCx3UvcAppInit() function,

CX3 FW Ver: 2019/12/11_2-11

mipi tp_1_400M

clock_generator

clock_generator: Status = 1

and in CyCx3UvcAppImageSensorSetVideoResolution() function,

Start 1

• 12. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                                JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Please share the USB trace using wireshark. Also, please probe FV, LV and PCLK and share the snapshot.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

• 13. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                                  NoLe_4131831

Hi,

I use other tool to receive our sensor's MIPI data, and it can work.

But CX3 still cannot receive, and assume CX3 setting is fine as you said,

the error may be cause by hardware error of the mipi lane to CX3, is it possible in your experience?

BTW, the circuit is not use Public version, it is design and layout by our hardware teem.

• 14. Re: CX3 CyU3PMipicsiGetErrors
                                    JayakrishnaT_76

Hello,

Yes the MIPI errors can occur if there are hardware errors also. Please check whether you have followed all the guidelines mentioned in section 6.2 of the document whose link is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/126136/download

In addition to this, all the guidelines mentioned in AN70707 should be followed. The link to AN70707 is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/139936/download

Also, please share the USB trace using wireshark and probe FV, LV and PCLK and share a snapshot.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

1 2 Previous Next