Where is meshcontroller.apk with ModusToolbox 2.0 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Until the mesh controller smartphone app is available in Google's Play Store, where can the application be found (without finding and downloading a previous version of ModusToolbox)?

Note: Two posts I could find point only to meshcontroller.apk embedded in ModusToolbox 1.1

- Re: Cypress Bluetooth Mesh Evaluation Kit - Unboxing

- Bluetooth Mesh Helper Applications @ https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/bluetooth-mesh-helper-applications

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi GrCa_1363456,

All host and peer apps are located inside tools folder of wiced_btsdk (wiced_btsdk will be created inside the MTB2.0 workspace).

Please check the below location.

"C:\Users\username\mtw\wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-peer-apps-mesh\Android\src\bin\"

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi GrCa_1363456,

All host and peer apps are located inside tools folder of wiced_btsdk (wiced_btsdk will be created inside the MTB2.0 workspace).

Please check the below location.

"C:\Users\username\mtw\wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-peer-apps-mesh\Android\src\bin\"

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Dheeraj,

Thank you!

I see the tools are indeed installed with the wiced_btsdk into the user's workspace when using ModusToolbox2.0.

Side Note: I appreciated the readme.txt file in the bin folder with MeshController.apk. The readme.txt file is full of helpful information. I look forward to an updated readme.txt file for ModusToolbox and additional Mesh devices as it refers to WICED, the 20719 device (without mentioning 20819) and the older MeshLightingController.apk (as opposed to the current MeshController.apk).

Greg

Thank you very much GrCa_1363456 for your suggestion .

We will communicate it with our dev team and will be updating the readme.txt in the next SDK release.

Please note, all the information and the procedures mentioned in the readme.txt are common for all platforms.

0 Likes