CY7C65215: delete Start/Stop bit UART communication

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RLa_4043011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am trying to communicate with MCP2003 (LIN Transceiver) in UART via USB/UART CY7C65215.
Unfortunately I do not manage to create a correct LIN frame (Break/Sync/Message) because of Start/Stop bit automatically created by the component between every byte.

Is there a way to configure the CY7C65215 for deleting these bits ? I did not find anything in the datasheet.
(I am using the DLL given by cypress to Transmit and receive data)

Thank you for your help !

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

There is no option for deleting the stop bits, you can configure the number of stop bits to 1 or 2 using the USB-Serial Configuration Utility in UART CDC or Vendor mode.

Please refer to the USB Serial configuration utility user guide and API documentation from the USB-Serial SDK for more information on how to configure the number of stop bits using APIs in the application as well.

USB-Serial SDK setup: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

There is no option for deleting the stop bits, you can configure the number of stop bits to 1 or 2 using the USB-Serial Configuration Utility in UART CDC or Vendor mode.

Please refer to the USB Serial configuration utility user guide and API documentation from the USB-Serial SDK for more information on how to configure the number of stop bits using APIs in the application as well.

USB-Serial SDK setup: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes