Error parsing device information from database

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaPi_4112356
Level 2
Level 2
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Greetings,

I have here a prototype board with a CY8C4146LQI-S433 on it and have problems programming / connecting to it. When manually selecting the device PSoC Programmer (version 3.28.5) says:

| Error parsing device information from database

| PSoC Device (37 37 0A 05) is not in the DataBase

Device set to CY8C4146LQI-S433 at 10:07:06  

Auto detect obviously does not work.What could be wrong here?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Greetings,

reinstalled PSoC programmer (didn't restart the Windows 10 computer though) - didn't help. Replaced the 4100S device data base with the file you provided - didn't help. Programming the device in SoCCreator was however successful.

When I now programmed the device in PSoC Programmer the program operation succeeded. Also once I then restarted PSoC Programmer the error message was gone.

I quess that because of an earlier unsuccessful program operation PSoC Programmer had the stored the previous erroneous state and that state wasn't cleared until programming was succesful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MaPi_4112356​,

The easiest fix might be to uninstall and reinstall PSoC Programmer. This should fix your issue.

You can also try replacing the CY8C41xx-S.dat file in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Devices' directory with the file that I have attached.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Greetings,

reinstalled PSoC programmer (didn't restart the Windows 10 computer though) - didn't help. Replaced the 4100S device data base with the file you provided - didn't help. Programming the device in SoCCreator was however successful.

When I now programmed the device in PSoC Programmer the program operation succeeded. Also once I then restarted PSoC Programmer the error message was gone.

I quess that because of an earlier unsuccessful program operation PSoC Programmer had the stored the previous erroneous state and that state wasn't cleared until programming was succesful.

0 Likes

Hi MaPi_4112356,

Glad your issue is resolved

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes