OTA process not rebooting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've looked a lot inside the forum about the OTA process but unsuccessfully, I did not found my answer...

I've wrote an application which load a tcp client located in FR_APP on a BCM943362WCD4_EVB.

This app located in FR_APP is receiving chunck of a file and writing it on the APP0 location.

When I received all chuncks, I reboot the wiced.

Initialization :

- wiced_framework_app_open

- wiced_framework_app_get_size

- wiced_framework_app_set_size

- wiced_framework_app_get_size

Chunck writing :

- wiced_framework_app_write_chunk

Rebooting :

- wiced_framework_app_close

- wiced_framework_set_boot

My problem is that, as I change the boot configuration, the module never reboot and I'm obliged to reflash it to work properly.

Moreover, I looked trough the internal flash, and nothing has been wrote at 0x0800C000

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

even if you are not using ota_fr, you need to add the download_apps target to write the file system in to external flash.

for TFTP have a loot at TFTP module for WICED with snip application to update any file in the MULTI_APP file system

Regards,

Bassem

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

initially make sure that you add download_apps to your make target, i.e

- snip.ota_fr-BCM943362WCD4 download donwload_apps

also make sure that you are sending the stripped elf file

you can have a look at apps/snip/tftp, which is doing basically the same and see what is the difference.

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm not using ota_fr process but a process I dev on my own.

The sended file is a .stripped.elf and is compiled with:

DCT_IMAGE := $(OUTPUT_DIR)/DCT.stripped.elf

Hmm apps/snip/tftp does not seems to exists in SDK 3.1.2. Do you know where I can find it ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

even if you are not using ota_fr, you need to add the download_apps target to write the file system in to external flash.

for TFTP have a loot at TFTP module for WICED with snip application to update any file in the MULTI_APP file system

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I took a look at your example, thank you very much for it ! My problem came from the server and not the wiced, the sent file were corrupted.

Regards,

0 Likes