hello_client pairing with passkey

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm testing pairing where 2 737 devices act as both central and peripheral, I'm using SKD 2.2.1.71

staring with the example pair hello_sensor and hello_client :

* They pair successfully using "just works" method (with no code modifications)

* OOB pairing works after enabling it via the compiler flag

* Passkey doesn't work:

* First I enabled its compiler flag on both examples

* the pairing fails immediately due to mismatching IO capabilities this is correct because the central side in hello_client is configured with "no IO"

* changing hello_client IO capabilities to "Display and keyboard" Pairing procedure times out

by inspecting sniffer traces I see that SMP request and response are exchanged correctly then nothing happens. as if the central side is waiting for something ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Below is another discussion thread on this issue and I believe it is in the works for getting the fix on the Central side.

Pairing process with Passkey not completed - (MASTER: BCM20737S, SLAVE: BCM20737S)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Take a look at the discussion and associated example vik86 provides here: Re: Passkey is not working

The thread here also shows how to enable it within Hello_Sensor: Passkey Operation

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the 2 discussions, thanks.

However they both talking about hello_sensor example (the peripheral side / the responder)

My question is regarding the hello_client example (the central side / the initiator)

as mentioned in other threads hello_sensor can do passkey pairing with other devices like smartphones, it is the hello_client that gives me trouble.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are connecting 2 tag boards, neither of them have IO capability and that is not supported. Please read Re: smp_bond_result 04

-Kevin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I'm using a custom board and I can display AND enter passkey, only if I know the proper Central/initiator side API.

If there is a setup that is known to work with the hello_client example using passkey pairing please point me to it. I think I can use it to gap my missing knowledge

0 Likes

Below is another discussion thread on this issue and I believe it is in the works for getting the fix on the Central side.

Pairing process with Passkey not completed - (MASTER: BCM20737S, SLAVE: BCM20737S)

0 Likes