I2C PSoC Master to TI DRV8830 Not Communicating

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Doorknob
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I am trying to communicate to TI motor controller DRV8830 that uses I2C.  This is my first time using I2C so I really dont know if i have even set up my code properly.  I was hoping someone would look over my code to tell me if i and sending the data from I2C Master properly.  I have also include a scope shot of my I2C output.  For me i do not see the proper data sent out properly.  The address of the device is 0xC0 which I should get 11000000, but i see 9 bits sent not eight .... confused!!

pastedImage_2.png

The data format to be sent from the TI data sheet is as follows

pastedImage_3.png

As far as i understand it My Slave address is 0xC0h, my sub address is 0x00h, and my data for setting motor to 2.41 volts and forward motion is i believe is 0x79h.

I wrote my code to send that information but i have had no results.

Hoping some one can help me

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your slave address must be a seven-bit address. Thus the address probably will be 0x60. The required R/W bit will be automatically appended by the component.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Your slave address must be a seven-bit address. Thus the address probably will be 0x60. The required R/W bit will be automatically appended by the component.

Bob

0 Likes

Bob,

Thank you that was it ... thank you its running!!!

Scott

0 Likes