What is the maximum cable length used for Cypress FX3 DVK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am using Cypress FX3 DVK in my design. For communicating with Cypress FX3 from host PC, what is the maximum cable length that I can use ?

I found a question regarding this in link : https://www.cypress.com/comment/283106

Is this Q & A is applicable for Cypress FX3 also ?

If you have any concern in cable length that is being used for communicating with Cypress FX3 DVK, Please let me know ?

Is there any Phy register that can fine-tune the USB signal strengths ? If yes please let me know the register details ?

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The Q&A is applicable for Cypress FX3 also.

>>Is there any Phy register that can fine-tune the USB signal strengths ? If yes please let me know the register details ?

The Registers PCS_TX_SWING_FULL and PCS_TX_SWING_LOW are used for setting the TX Amplitude in Full Swing and Low Swing Mode. For adjusting these registers, we have the API CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing. This API makes use of a parameter "swing". This can be used to adjust the registers. Please make sure that this API is called before CyU3PConnectState is called. For more details, please refer to Page 535 of FX3 API Guide.

The Registers PCS_TX_DEEMPH_3P5DB and PCS_TX_DEEMPH_6DB are used for setting TX de-emphasis at 3.5dB and 6dB. For changing these registers, we have the API CyU3PUsbSetTxDeemphasis. Please go through Page 535 of FX3 API guide to know the limits within which these registers can be adjusted. Also make sure that this API is called before CyU3PConnectState is called.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The Q&A is applicable for Cypress FX3 also.

>>Is there any Phy register that can fine-tune the USB signal strengths ? If yes please let me know the register details ?

The Registers PCS_TX_SWING_FULL and PCS_TX_SWING_LOW are used for setting the TX Amplitude in Full Swing and Low Swing Mode. For adjusting these registers, we have the API CyU3PUsbSetTxSwing. This API makes use of a parameter "swing". This can be used to adjust the registers. Please make sure that this API is called before CyU3PConnectState is called. For more details, please refer to Page 535 of FX3 API Guide.

The Registers PCS_TX_DEEMPH_3P5DB and PCS_TX_DEEMPH_6DB are used for setting TX de-emphasis at 3.5dB and 6dB. For changing these registers, we have the API CyU3PUsbSetTxDeemphasis. Please go through Page 535 of FX3 API guide to know the limits within which these registers can be adjusted. Also make sure that this API is called before CyU3PConnectState is called.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

Thanks for your inputs.

Best Regards,

Prasanna

0 Likes