How to view the source code in assembly format in Eclipse 1.3.3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViKu_2048416
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi,

I have tried to open the disassembly view in eclipse but it does not shows any information, please refer the below screen shot.

pastedImage_0.png

It seems to be I am missing some basic thing only. Can any one guide us to solve this one.

Thanks in advance,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Vignesh,

Unfortunately, there's no such option available to store the entire assembly program into a file.

That is a drawback on the SDK side and not the device side.

You will have to manually scroll down and select the entire assembly code and save it in some other file. There's no way to automate it.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Vignesh Kumar,

This view is generally used while debugging through JTAG

Please confirm that you want the JTAG debugging of the firmware project.

If so please refer to the section 3 of the EzUsbSuite_UG in the SDK

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

If this is not you want to do, please let me know what exactly are you trying to do

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi Rashi,

Thanks for your response, I followed the steps as described in the document. But I am facing an error as Error while launching command: gdb --version.

Please refer the following screenshots for your reference,

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

If I press Debug after this I end with this following error.

pastedImage_6.png

The J-Link version I am using is 6.54C. Please guide us to solve this issue,

Regards,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes

Hi Vignesh,

jlink.png

As the description suggests, can you please replace "{cross_prefix}" with "arm-none-eabi-" in the Debugger tab and then try the process again and get back with the results?

You can also refer to the link: Re: Error while launching command: gdb --version

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

Dear Yashwant,

Thanks for your response, now I am using olimex debugger with external tool option. I can view the assembly instructions in disassembly view successfully. But the limitation I am facing is that, the window can only load nearly 150 to 160 lines of code. I need to scroll down to load next set of instructions. What we need is that is there any option to view or save the whole program in assembly language. Please guide us to achieve this.

Regards,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes

Hi Vignesh,

Can you please share a screenshot of the asssembly view that you are able to see?

The 150-160 lines that you were able to visualize using olimex?

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

Hi Yashwant,

Sorry, you asked screen shot. Please find it below.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes

Hello Vignesh,

Please share the entire assembly code that you are able to see by copying it to .txt file.

We need to check where it is getting terminated.

0 Likes

Hi,

There is no such termination we are facing, if I scroll down continuously it load the assembly program continuously. But what we need is that, option to save the entire firmware in assembly language. Because if I give select all in the window, it selects only the number of lines loaded in the window not entire firmware.

Best Regards,

Vignesh Kumar R.

0 Likes

Hello Vignesh,

Unfortunately, there's no such option available to store the entire assembly program into a file.

That is a drawback on the SDK side and not the device side.

You will have to manually scroll down and select the entire assembly code and save it in some other file. There's no way to automate it.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes