3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2020 7:48 AM by LePo_1062026

USBUART not recognized

KeSl_4088261

Hello, i have problem with USBUART. Im currently working with CY8C5888LTI-LP097 kit. MCU is powered with 3.3 V so I set up in system settings all voltage to 3.3 V. Picture below.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.24.15.png

I also set  USBUART voltage to 3V and removed D2 in VBUS line to prevent getting 5V from USB.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.25.32.png

Now when i try to open COM port it says that there is error. See picture below.

Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.29.02.png

Any idea what is causing problem?

• 1. Re: USBUART not recognized
          LePo_1062026

kesl,

Would I be correct that your code (with USBUART_Start(USBFS_DEVICE, USBUART_5V_OPERATION)) with D2 installed did work?

In general,  I'm not seeing a code issue.

What is powering your kit-059 board with D2 removed?

Check COM14's driver assignment with Device Manager.  It should be:usbser.sys and the friendly name should be "Cypress USB UART (COM14)".   If this is not the case, attempting to use COM14 might not be the USB device you intend.

Len

• 2. Re: USBUART not recognized
            AaJ_4705826

Were you able to solve this? Even I'm facing the same issue.

• 3. Re: USBUART not recognized
              LePo_1062026

KeSl,

If you're using the USBUART in a conventional UART manner and if you're interested, I created a new component called "Term" that should handle many of the Terminal communication interfaces.  As the app designer you can chose to configure "Term" as a standard UART using the standard serial interface or you can configure it to use the USBUART (like that on the CY8CKIT-059).  It uses many of the same API commands as the UART component to make it very easy to configure it either way in your code.

Here's a copy of the link to the component library:

Terminal Support Component Library

I've used this component (and the other components included in the library) on many projects with great success.

Len