New Creator version 4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I just checked the new release of Creator and was disappointed. Although I showed up a bug in Creator 4.2, Cypress did not respond by changing the required code.

My Christian name contains a country specific character ("Ö") and since windows supports those my accounts on all my computers (actually 6) are based on that name.

This makes it impossible for me to build any BLE projects because Creator stores files in the \User directory but is not able to retrieve that files due to that character.

I have seen in the forum some users that had the same problem.

To Cypress: Can you PLEASE find a solution (easiest would be to use an alternative windows constant) and implement that in Creator

Regards, Bob

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

To Cypress Creator Development,

Ive noticed a change in the way the Creator performs a "delta" compile step.  I'm not saying it is wrong because the project is built correctly, it's just a bit confusing in the Output Window.

In general: the Creator 4.3 when a C file is modified and a Build is selected, the following 4 lines are the first to be outputted to the Output window.

--------------- Build Started: 11/07/2019 12:01:53 Project: CE217637_BLE_Find_Me, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

The code generation step is up to date.

The compile step is up to date, no work needs to be done.

The link step is up to date, no work needs to be done.

Afterwards, the actual compile of the modified file occurs.

In Creator 4.2, only the these lines are first outputted.

--------------- Build Started: 11/07/2019 12:01:53 Project: CE217637_BLE_Find_Me, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

The code generation step is up to date.

Then the compile of the modified file occurs.

Attached is a file with the build results from two builds under 4.3 and one under 4.2.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes