Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaAl_4540876
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Dear Community,

I have several questions.  First, thank you for maintaining a helpful and knowledgeable community. 

• Is this most up to date manual of the wl mfgtest utlility: CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems ?
    • Is there a batch/script file in the WICED SDK that outlines wl commands for evaluating spurious frequency
    • My overall feedback is the wl tool needs more common scripts to assist customers with FCC 15C and CE-RED -- why do we need to reinvent the wheel?
      • There are some example scripts/commands in WICED SDK (path: ./43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/test/wl_tool/scripts)
  • I would like WICED community to share recent ARM 32/64 builds of the `wl` utility
    • I am using kernel v4.19 and v5.3.y, prefer newer kernel
    • I am evaluating two chipsets:
      • BCM43430/CYW43430/CYW4343W
      • BCM43438/CYW43438
      • For those reading, you can find the mfgtest firmware for these chipsets in the WICED SDK (path: ./43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources/firmware/)
    • Need util compiled for both architectures
    • Can you attach to this thread, or shared on cypress github (Cypress Semiconductor Corporation · GitHub )
    • These binaries need to be treated as a release -- perhaps you should bundle it with FMAC firmware releases?
  • Where is the official repository for up to date ARM binaries of the ​wl​ utility?

CC: Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for Linux and Android

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi MaAl_4540876

1. The wl tool manual specified in the link : CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems

is the latest one that is available publicly.

2. We will take this up internally to further add scripts for wl tool. Thank you for the suggestion

compilation of wl binaries

1. Could you specify whether the binaries should be for hard/soft float machines. Also,should the binaries be compiled statically/dynamically?

2. Cypress don't maintain a repo for compiled wl tools for different architecture. The source code of wl is proprietary and needs an SLA for sharing it.

Regards,

VinayakS_26

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi MaAl_4540876

1. The wl tool manual specified in the link : CYW43XX Technical Information - WL Tool for Embedded 802.11 Systems

is the latest one that is available publicly.

2. We will take this up internally to further add scripts for wl tool. Thank you for the suggestion

compilation of wl binaries

1. Could you specify whether the binaries should be for hard/soft float machines. Also,should the binaries be compiled statically/dynamically?

2. Cypress don't maintain a repo for compiled wl tools for different architecture. The source code of wl is proprietary and needs an SLA for sharing it.

Regards,

VinayakS_26