Facing connection issue with the CY8CKIT-002 PSoC MiniProg3 program and debug kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaGa_3938861
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

I am using CY8CKIT-002 PSoC MiniProg3 program and debug kit to debug some custom build PSoC 5lp boards. I am facing some issue while connecting to the debugger, I had an issue with the driver, I installed the latest  MiniProg3 (3.4.1.20), driver. I am able to see the device in the Device Manager properly.

The problem I am facing right now is while using the PsoC Programmer, The Programmer is able to connect to the MiniProg3, when it tries to open the Port after waiting for a few seconds it displays "Failed Connect to  at 12:06:42 AM | Firmware is not fully loaded and device cannot be detected. Please reconnect - "MiniProg3/1803CA0008D3". as shown in below image.

pastedImage_10.png

Is there any way to resolve this issue,  Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi KaGa_3938861,

Please try the following steps -

1. Uninstall and install the latest version of PSoC Programmer. You can find the latest version here - https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

2. Connect MiniProg3 and check where it is getting enumerated.

3. If the MiniProg3 is not getting enumerated under Universal Serial Bus controllers install the driver again by following the steps mentioned before.

4. Open PSoC Programmer and click on Upgrade Firmware in the Utilities tab.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi KaGa_3938861,

Please check your device manager. MiniProg3 should be enumerated as shown.

123.jpg

Could you please try the following steps to update MiniProg3 driver if it is not enumerated as shown in the above image.

1. If MiniProg3 is not getting enumerated then it will be listed in the 'Other Devices' tab in Device Manager. If that is the case right click on MiniProg3 and uninstall driver software.

2. After uninstallation is complete, right click on MiniProg3 again and click on Update Driver Software.

3. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

4. Click 'Next' and then click 'Have Disk'.

5. Browse and select - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\mprog3\mprog3.inf

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello Rakshith,

Thank you for the response, I am not facing any issue with the device driver, it is showing as MiniProg3, and I am able to connect to PSoC programmer for a few seconds after that It is getting disconnected and displays above error message.

0 Likes

Hi KaGa_3938861,

Can you please try Upgrade Firmware in the Utilities tab in PSoC Programmer and see if this fixes your issue? Is MiniProg working as expected when you try to program in PSoC Creator?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

I tried deleting and installing the MiniProg3 driver, It is installed and listed as libusb-win32 devices --> MiniProg3 as shown below.

pastedImage_2.png

After that when I opened, It is not even discovering the board anymore, as shown below.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes

Hi KaGa_3938861,

Please try the following steps -

1. Uninstall and install the latest version of PSoC Programmer. You can find the latest version here - https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

2. Connect MiniProg3 and check where it is getting enumerated.

3. If the MiniProg3 is not getting enumerated under Universal Serial Bus controllers install the driver again by following the steps mentioned before.

4. Open PSoC Programmer and click on Upgrade Firmware in the Utilities tab.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes