Sending RSSI value to another device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
umg_4380326
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

I have two devices of CYBLE- 2241100 as peripheral and central.

I am advertising the device A and then getting the RSSI through scan report of that at the central device B.

Now after switching device B ,central to peripheral mode, how can i send that rssi value of device A  through the advertising packet of device B to another central cypress device C?

Regards,

Shilpa

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Shilpa,

1. When the device B is in central mode store the advertisement data(RSSI Value) of device A in some buffer in device B. After switching the device B to peripheral mode, update the data buffer to structure CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_DATA_T cyBle_discoveryData before starting the advertisement as shown in below code.

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[5]=0x41;

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[6]=0x42;

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[7]=0x43;

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[8]=0x44;

CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(CYBLE_ADVERTISING_FAST);

2. You can also update the ADV data and SCAN response data of a Device while advertising is ongoing using CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData() API. Please refer to the Day009_Dynamic_Broadcaster project in the GitHub for more information.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Shilpa,

1. When the device B is in central mode store the advertisement data(RSSI Value) of device A in some buffer in device B. After switching the device B to peripheral mode, update the data buffer to structure CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_DATA_T cyBle_discoveryData before starting the advertisement as shown in below code.

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[5]=0x41;

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[6]=0x42;

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[7]=0x43;

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[8]=0x44;

2. You can also update the ADV data and SCAN response data of a Device while advertising is ongoing using CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData() API. Please refer to the Day009_Dynamic_Broadcaster project in the GitHub for more information.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi Yugandhar,

How do i update the buffer to the structure?.How is it possible if there were two advertising devices whose data has to to stored in device B?

Thanks

Shilpa

0 Likes

Hello Shilpa,

At the central device, in scan progress result event(CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT), check for the particular advertising device address and then store the RSSI value in a buffer as shown in the below code.

case CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT: 

advReport=*(CYBLE_GAPC_ADV_REPORT_T *)eventParam;

/* Checking for Device 1 */

if(advReport.peerBdAddr[0]==0x05 && advReport.peerBdAddr[1]==0xff && advReport.peerBdAddr[2]==0x31 && advReport.peerBdAddr[3]==0x01&&advReport.data[4]==0x08 &&advReport.data[5]==0x09)

{

buffer[0]=advReport.rssi;  

}

/* Checking for Device 2*/

else if(advReport.peerBdAddr[0]==0x04 && advReport.peerBdAddr[1]==0xaf && advReport.peerBdAddr[2]==0x50 && advReport.peerBdAddr[3]==0x78&&advReport.data[4]==0x0a&&advReport.data[5]==0x00)

{

buffer[1]=advReport.rssi;

}

break;

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi

I have created a buffer and storing the value .I would like to know how can i update that to the structure like you suggested?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello Shilpa,

1. You can update the buffer data to CYBLE_GAPP_DISC_DATA_T cyBle_discoveryData before starting the advertisement(after scanning was stopped) as shown in below code. This adv data will be advertised to all the central devices.

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[0]=buffer[0];

cyBle_discoveryData.advData[1]=buffer[1];

2. You can also update the Advertisement data and/or Scan response data of a Device while advertising is ongoing using CyBle_GapUpdateAdvData() API. Please refer to the Day009_Dynamic_Broadcaster project in the GitHub for more information.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes