Use PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update.exe corrupt hex image

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChCh_900901
Level 1
Level 1

Chipset:  PSOC 4 (CY8C4248LQI-BL583)

I base on "Setting Bluetooth Device Address - KBA211407" to program the company ID and company assigned part.

1.  Use PSoC Creator to burn the hex image to the chip

2.  use "PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update.exe"  to write the company ID and company and company assigned part in Row 0 via PSoc MiniProg3.

3.  Code will be not run any more

4.  Use PSoc Creator to re-burn the hex image to the chip

5.  Use CyBle_GetDeviceAddress to get the company ID and company assigned part, but it is garbage.

Please let me know how to fix the issue.  Thanks!

Regards,

CK

0 Likes
1 Solution

If non-zero value is programmed into the row 0 of user SFLASH, the BLE component will take the first 6 bytes as BLE device address. This procedure happens after the event CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON in CyBle_EventHandler function (BLE_eventHandler.c). So, please call CyBle_ProcessEvents() atleast once before CyBle_GetDeviceAddress(&local_bdAddr)

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update.exe will perform Erase All target flash. Please perform SFlash update first and program the project hex file.

0 Likes

1. Based on your comment, I use PSoC4-BLE-SFLASH-Update.exe to write the row 0 as follow "02 00 00 B0 07 00 00".

2. And then use PSOC Creator re-program the hex file into the chip again.

3. And run the debugger with the following code:

static CYBLE_GAP_BD_ADDR_T local_bdAddr;

static CYBLE_API_RESULT_T ret;

BLE_Server_Start();   

local_bdAddr.type = 0;

ret = CyBle_GetDeviceAddress(&local_bdAddr);

After step through CyBle_GetDeviceAddress, I get the return code and the structure as the followings:

ret <--- CYBLE_ERROR_OK

But the local_bdAddr <---   0x80 0x95 0x19 0x29 0x49 0x80

(It ise garbage, I expect it should be "0x02 0x00 0x00 0xB0 0x07 0x00"

0 Likes

If non-zero value is programmed into the row 0 of user SFLASH, the BLE component will take the first 6 bytes as BLE device address. This procedure happens after the event CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON in CyBle_EventHandler function (BLE_eventHandler.c). So, please call CyBle_ProcessEvents() atleast once before CyBle_GetDeviceAddress(&local_bdAddr)

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

It is working great!  Thanks for your support!

0 Likes