3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2019 4:56 AM by MoTa_728816

    Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

    AnMo_4196841

      Hi people,

       

      I get this error when executing my project, which is based on a BLE connection where I use the devices shown in the attached photo.

      I tried to uninstall and reinstall PSoC Creator but it still gives me the same bug.

      Any ideas to fix it? It is the only mistake it gives me.

      Greetings

        • 1. Re: Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.
          MoTa_728816

          Hi,

           

          I think that there must be some error message(s) before that line.

          Did you see the "output" tab?

           

          Seeing your attached picture, it seems that the pin DHT has "Hardware Connection" but nothing is connected to it.

          If you open the pin configuration of DHT (by double-clicking the symbol) you can uncheck that option.

          So that the pin is for software control only, then (I hope that) the compile will be done.

           

          So I tried to duplicate your problem.

          Since you did not specify the device, I selected PSoC 4200 BLE.

          Then enter a schematic like below.

          000-schematic.JPG

          I have not write any code, so main.c was in the original shape.

          Then I tried to build this and result was

           

          In the Notice List

          001-Notice_List.JPG

          In the Output

          002-Output-tab.JPG

          So the messages were different from yours.

          May be you have other problems or your message output settings are different from mine.

           

          Anyway, then I double-clicked the DHT pin to configure.

          Note: at this point "HW connection" is checked.

          003-pin-config-1.JPG

          So I unchecked "HW connection"

          004-pin-config-2.JPG

          Now my schematic looks like

          Note: no external connection pin in "DHT"

          005-schematic.JPG

          Then I tried to compile the project.

          And the compile succeeded.

          006-Compile-done.JPG

           

           

          If the above does not fix the problem, could you attach the project to this discussion topic?

           

          To do so,

          In the Workspace Explorer

          Select the project as the top by "Set as top.."

          Build > Clean <project>

          Project > Archive Workspace/Project ...

          Attach the resulting zip

           

          moto

          • 2. Re: Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.
            AnMo_4196841

            Hi Motoo,

             

            I attached you the project.

             

            I am using PSoC 4200 BLE, DHT pin is the data to the DHT22 sensor.

             

            I use I2C to show the result of the DHT22 sensor at the LCD 16x2.

             

            Try to build the project and tell me what do you obtain.

            I am using PSoC 4200 BLE, DHT pin is the data to the DHT22 sensor.

            • 3. Re: Build error: The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.
              MoTa_728816

              Hi,

               

              I tried to build your project.

              The last 4 lines were.

              ====================

              .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\main.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `deviceConnected'

              .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_APP.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here

              collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

              The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

              --------------- Build Failed: 10/27/2019 20:49:24 ---------------

              ====================

               

              This error message suggests that both you and the library have identifier named "deviceConnected"

              In your main.c there were two lines which has "deviceConnected".

               

              So I changed "deviceConnected" to "device_connected" in your main.c.

              And now your project is build-able.

              Attached is modified project of yours ;-)

               

              moto

              1 of 1 people found this helpful