How to you pull a digital output high?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChPi_4437311
Level 1
Level 1

How do you pull a digital pin High? It seems simple but somehow I have spent 3 hours trying to figure it out and I have gotten more lost and confused.

Digital pin High. All I want.

And ya I have read about 5000 words of documentation at this point so please don't bother sending me an application note I promise it will confuse me more.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Well, as usual: It depends.

When the pin is configured as "no hardware connection" a simple write to the pin will set the output state.

When the pin's drive mode is defined as open drain drives low (initial state high) you can use a pull up resistor

When the pin's drive mode is "resistive pull up" you ar using an internal resistor.

When you tell a bit more (schematic, project archive) what you need, we could provide a bit more help.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Well, as usual: It depends.

When the pin is configured as "no hardware connection" a simple write to the pin will set the output state.

When the pin's drive mode is defined as open drain drives low (initial state high) you can use a pull up resistor

When the pin's drive mode is "resistive pull up" you ar using an internal resistor.

When you tell a bit more (schematic, project archive) what you need, we could provide a bit more help.

Bob

0 Likes