Can you provide us the .img files before and after amendments, for reproducing the same issue on our side.
Also provide the (.map) file.
Actually,this kind of issue is not expected due to the changes you made.
Thank you for your fast respon.
Will share this file to you later.
- I am not able to extract the files. Can you re send them?
- Can you try programming with bulksrcsink example from SDK.( with the modifications mentioned in previous post)
- Please let me know whether you are using SPI Flash or I2C Flash. Also try programming USBSpiRegMode example if you are using SPI Flash (with the modifications you mentioned in previous post)
I tried programming SPI Flash with both .img files you shared, its working fine at my end.
For changing the code area, please refer to this thread Out of CX3 memory
Please let me know if any other queries.
Just refered to this thread Out of CX3 memory ,but some issue need your help to analysis yet.
1.Its working fine at your end,while need your help to confirm the bellow information:
A. Could you please help to confirm which version of the original terminal is used in your test(our is See3CAM_CX3RDK)?
B. Could you please briefly describe the original test method in your side?
2. Can you provide the detailed description or data of the external flash configuration?
(There is no such data in the link provided by you, and the flash size we use is 1MB / 8MB, how to configure it to make full use of it? According to the previous configuration, only RAM -- 512KB is configured)?
3. Our external flash uses w25q80ew. Does this have any impact?
Thank you for your help,looking forward your feedback !
Please refer to this KBA for Flash Selection Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Flash Parts - KBA221833
- for checking the compatibility, please program the RAM with UsbSpiDmaMode/ UsbSpiRegMode examples in the SDK and try passing the vendor commands to read and write data to the flash. You can refer to readme.txt file in the example project.
- I had checked programming the image (.img) file you shared o the Denebola kit.
- You are changing the System Memory size as you code size is bigger than the default memory size. Please confirm.
- The .ld file or code memory size should only be change if the code size is big enough than the code area
- You can try building the firmware in release mode, this would reduce the .img file size.
There is no such data in the link provided by you, and the flash size we use is 1MB / 8MB, how to configure it to make full use of it? According to the previous configuration, only RAM -- 512KB is configured
>> You don't need to change .ld or Code Memory size file because you are using Flash of different sizes.
The size of .img file, that you shared in previous post, is 205 KB. For CX3 the system memory is 512 KB out of which the code area is 180 KB
So, code area need to be increased. As, the second stage boot loader is not being used we can merge 32 KB to the Code memory.
We nee to make changes in fx3.ld file and also cyfxtx.c file
Please use the attached cyfxtx.c and fx3.ld file. Replace the cyfxtx.x file in your project and give the path to the fx3.ld file in the Linker settings.
Descriptor area Base: 0x40000000 Size: 12 KB
Code area Base: 0x40003000 Size: 212 KB
Data area Base: 0x40038000 Size: 32 KB
Driver heap Base: 0x40040000 Size: 32 KB
Buffer area Base: 0x40048000 Size: 224 KB // DMA is same.
2-stage boot area Base: 0x40080000 Size: 0 KB
Please let me know the results of this test.
Thanks your information.
I think maybe some difference between our concern about this issue.(Internal and external storage)
So summarize the problem,may make it clearly:
If our code size is 600KB, then our external SPI flash is 1MB, can the chip meet the requirements, if so, how to configure
As you are aware , CX3 RAM size is 512 KB, so it not possible to program RAM with .img file of size 600 KB.