24LC128(EEPROM)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
huhu_4151711
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a CY4609 development board and after I got out 24LC128 (EEPROM), CY4609 still works. Why? What does the program do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

-Please check if the jumpers J6 and J7 are set to internal ROM mode i.e. both pulled high. In that case, the hub boots from default firmware stored in ROM.

-In case J6 and J7 are pulled high and low respectively, it is set to I2C master mode. Please check the VID, PID of the hub when it enumerates after the EEPROM is removed. Please check the KBA for more details-HX3 Entering Vendor Command Class - KBA226712

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

-Please check if the jumpers J6 and J7 are set to internal ROM mode i.e. both pulled high. In that case, the hub boots from default firmware stored in ROM.

-In case J6 and J7 are pulled high and low respectively, it is set to I2C master mode. Please check the VID, PID of the hub when it enumerates after the EEPROM is removed. Please check the KBA for more details-HX3 Entering Vendor Command Class - KBA226712

Best Regards,

Sananya

hi,

Sananya,

I jumpers J7 and J6 1 0, The board have EEPROM,The hub do not boot.  I got out the EEPROM,The hub do not boot too.I guess the EEPROM program is not right. which programs is right?tt.PNG

yy.PNG

0 Likes

hi,

Sananya,

I jumpers J7 and J6 to 1 1 and 0 1,the hub all boot up.

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, the correct configuration is loaded from EEPROM (I2C master mode) when J6 is pulled high and J7 pulled low. You can update firmware to EEPROM as well and reset the hub to boot from it.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

I set EEPROM(i2c master mode) , when J6 is pulled hight and J7 pulled low ,meanwhile got out EEPROM from the board.the board boot up too.

tt.PNG

Best regards,

Jorhnson.

0 Likes

Hi,

Sananya,

We have a 5 megapixel UVC camera plus a TYPE_C camera that we want to combine with the gigabit output display, gigabit compatible with POE, do you have such a development plan? if  POE is not, allow too, please recommend !

Best Regards!

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please explain your requirements with a block diagram?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Hi,

Sanany,

This is my block diagram.

Best Regards!

Jorhnson.

0 Likes

re1.jpg

Hi,

Sananya,

This is my design block diagram, please help me recomand CYRESS-IC .

very thanks!

Jorhnson.

0 Likes

Hi Johnson,

Please let us know the following-

- Is the type-C camera/projector going to send native USB or display data?

- Can we expect a USB host to be connected on the Cypress IC?

-Is the Gigabit ethernet going to carry output data?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

PP1.png

-The type_c/projector going to display data.

-The Gigabit ethernet is the Cypress-ic's USB Host PC.

-The Gigabit ethernet going to carry out data.

0 Likes

Hello,

So as per our understanding, you want to combine the USB data from VGA camera with display data from type-C/projector and send over the data to USB host. In that case, please check CCG4 Type C Dock solution. However, there is no ethernet interface and we need an additional USB to ethernet converter for which we can suggest GX3.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes