Adding a KitProg2 to my design - signals required

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

I am adding a KitProg2 circuit to my design to give me USB programming.  What signals are required?

I know that

SWDIO

SWDCK

RESET (!XRES to target)

I think that I need VTARG_MEAS, but do I need USB_V_SENSE and P5LP_SIO_REF as well from the Voltage Monitoring block?

pastedImage_0.png

Are there any other signals required?

Thanks ,

Mike Roberts

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi MiRo_263836​,

Please note that KitProg is the on-board programmer/debugger and supports only Cypress-developed Kits. We do not provide any guarantee that KitProg will work with customer’s hardware or with Cypress Kits customized for different MPN.

It is recommended to use MiniProg for custom designs.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi MiRo_263836​,

Please note that KitProg is the on-board programmer/debugger and supports only Cypress-developed Kits. We do not provide any guarantee that KitProg will work with customer’s hardware or with Cypress Kits customized for different MPN.

It is recommended to use MiniProg for custom designs.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Do you have a reference MiniProg3 design that I can place on my board?  What is the processor on board and how does it get initially programmed?

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi MiRo_263836,

MiniProg3 design is proprietary of Cypress and cannot be shared.

For a sample version you can refer the following link and base your programmer on the same-

https://www.element14.com/community/thread/27067/l/psoc-5lp-programmer-firmware?displayFullThread=tr...

However this is an old version of Kitprog.

You can also refer to Programming Specification document of your target device for information regarding the programming steps for your device.

Also note that, the MiniProg3 programmer is not recommended for production programming. We suggest customers who need production programming support to consult our 3rd party programming vendors on our General Programming page or through our distribution partners: https://www.cypress.com/go/distributors

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes