CYPD3174-24LQXQ cable compensation with optocoupler feedback

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saan_3612016
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been using CYP3174-24LQXQ for a 65W AC-DC adapter. I was not able to use the cable compensation with EZPD gui and with the source code in Psoc programmer.

Does cable compensation work with the optocoupler feedback? It is not clear in the documentation.

Thank you,

Andrei Savu

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Andrei,

We are unable to reproduce your issue. This should ideally work with non-PPS contract. I would suggest you to re-check the power system hardware.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Cable compensation feature is used irrespective of the feedback. Please have a look at the cable resistance feature in the EZ-PD configuration utility under power settings where you can input the resistance of the cable used in mOhm for cable compensation.

The feature is also documented in the EZ-PD Power SDK API guide as cable_resistance.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thank you for the reply Yatheesh.

I have tried multiple times inputting the cable resistance but it still did not work. I tried changing all the parameters that made sense but with no luck.

I attach the cyad file. Am I doing something wrong in the configuration?

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know what problem you are facing. Are you unable to program the new configuration file on to the CCG3PA chip?

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

I can program the configuration with no problems. The cable compensation feature does not work even if I write the cable resistance in the power settings field under cable resistance.

Best regards

Andrei

0 Likes

Hello Andrei,

Please use the EZ-PD configuration utility build 258. You can download it from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-configuration-utility-archives .

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

I downloaded and used build 258 with no impact. I used all the builds 236, 258, 267 with no impact.

Best regards,

Andrei

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you please share the application firmware version and Power SDK version you are using?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

I attach the firmware and the software version I am using.

Best  regards,

Andrei

0 Likes

Hi Andrei,

Can you please tell us how you are verifying this functionality? What voltage are you seeing at the end of your captive cable?

Or does your adapter have a receptacle instead of captive cable?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Rajath,

I have on my pcb a type C receptacle. I measure at the end of unit 5.044V and at the end of cable 4.538 at 3.016A load  current. Cable has around 150mohm resistance.

Please see the attached pictures.

0 Likes

Hi Andrei,

We are unable to reproduce your issue. This should ideally work with non-PPS contract. I would suggest you to re-check the power system hardware.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes