We are trying to separate the bootloader from the application. However, it seems the application code and bootloader are consistently built together. I was wondering what the correct setting in either the platform makefile or WICED/MCU/STM32/makefile is the correct define to force it to build only the application? Since we need to do our own custom OTA I would like to make use of waf_bootloader and have it exist on the device much like the ota bootloader and be able to launch the application. I have hard coded the entry_point into bootloader.c and programmed the code up at the address desired -- but it does not boot. To be absolutely clear I:
1. Built the application
2. Dumped the elf header to get the entry point (entry_point fro elf header is : 0x8007580
3. Programmed my application at the desired location (used in the linker) (0x08007000)
4. Rebuilt the waf with platform_start_app(0x8007580) // using the entry point
5. Flashed the bootloader at (0x08000000)
6. reset the board -- nothing failure to boot
7. If I program the application both at (0x08000000) and (0x08007000) -- works like a charm
8. Reviewing the map file of both the app and waf -- the both contain the same at the lowest part of the address -- so basically by programming the app at 0x8000 it looks like the same exact code as the WAF -- but no boot.
-- yes I have looked at the linker file (attached)
Any help would be greatly appreciated -- What I want is to separate the app from the bootloader -- so I can just update the application. Not sure where I am going wrong.