Preprogramming PSoC 4 MCU chip (CY8C4014FNI-421AT)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NaJa_4363881
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello,

This is regarding the I2C project that I have posted a few weeks before. I am currently working on designing a prototype board with the PSoC 4 MCU to establish the I2C interface with the video decoder to write to the registers on power-up. So I thought of checking whether Cypress has the option of preprogramming the chips with my I2C code if I request for it while I purchase the chips from Cypress website online. 

If it's not possible to buy the chips after programming it is there any programmer kit that has a header for the PSoC 4 BGA chip-WLCSP package (CY8C4014FNI-421AT) to plug onto the programmer kit for preprogramming the chip before sending out the chips to be soldered onto a target PCB.

It will be great if someone could advise me regarding this concern.

Thanks and Regards,

Nandhini Jayapandian

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I have shared a link which tells about the  Device Programmer System Partners of cypress.

Please refer to the below link and let us know if you have any queries.

https://www.cypress.com/products/device-programmer-system-partners#tabs-0-bottom_side-2

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

We donnot provide any option of preprogramming the chips.

Instead you can use the same board to evaluate your project because all the functionalities and features are same except the packaging.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. As I am working on a project that requires more number of PSoC 4 (WLCSP) devices to be preprogrammed before soldering onto the target board, I thought of requesting on whether Cypress provides support for preprogramming the chips on request from customer during product purchase.

I have also requested the same question in PSoC 5 Community group for alternative options to preprogram the device. It will be great if someone will be able to review and advise me on this concern.

Wish you have a great day!

Best Regards,

Nandhini Jayapandian

0 Likes

Hi,

I have shared a link which tells about the  Device Programmer System Partners of cypress.

Please refer to the below link and let us know if you have any queries.

https://www.cypress.com/products/device-programmer-system-partners#tabs-0-bottom_side-2

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes