It is possible to measure the amplitude and phase of an AC signal with a frequency of 100 kHz on a PSoC 5LP?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaEs_2489146
Level 1
Level 1

I must demodulate an AC signal with a frequency of 100 kHz in differential mode, it is possible to do it in a PSoC 5LP .. if that is how I could do it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

FaEs,

Yes, it's possible. PSoC5 has analog modulators to demodulate incoming AC signal into I and Q-components, and ADCs to sample them. It would save time if you describe details of your project first, things like signal amplitude, 100kHz reference source availability (both I and Q quadrature), required bandwidth, bit resolution, etc. - the more the better.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

FaEs,

Yes, it's possible. PSoC5 has analog modulators to demodulate incoming AC signal into I and Q-components, and ADCs to sample them. It would save time if you describe details of your project first, things like signal amplitude, 100kHz reference source availability (both I and Q quadrature), required bandwidth, bit resolution, etc. - the more the better.

/odissey1

0 Likes

FaEs,

The essential part of the full-quadrant lock-in detector is quadrature generator. You can find a demo project for PSoC quad gen operating at 100 kHz in this thread

Phase offset and Quadrature signal generator for lock-in

The generator synthesizes quadrature-shifted copy of the external 100 kHz clock. Together with input clock, they make I/Q pair for driving PSoC analog modulators or an external Mux.

/odissey1

Fig 1. Yellow - input clock, Cyan - quadrature output

YouTube_quadrature_01c.jpg

0 Likes