3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2019 7:37 PM by EddieZ_31

CY4531 Display Port Dongle Example

GrCa_1363456

I'd like to demonstrate a Display Port Dongle using CY4531.

Is there an existing project targeting CYPD3125 on the CY4531 kit that emulates a Display Port Dongle?

Will additional code be required to program the PS8740B Parade Switch on the CY4531 kit?

Note: The Display Port Demo in CY4531 Kit Guide is in the opposite direction (Video data into Display Port then out of USB-C)

It appears the dp_dongle example targeted for CYPD3120 is in the correct direction (Video data into USB-C then out of Display Port)

If a Display Port Dongle example for CY4531 isn't readily available...

There appear to be three issues to overcome if starting with the CYPD3120_dp_dongle example:

1) An error when attempting to build the project in PSoC Creator (memset error described below)

2) Generating a CYPD3125 Bootloader - this one just takes time to remember how to create a new Bootloader after changing the device from CYPD3120 to CYPD3125. (Will the CYPD3120 project successfully load into a CYPD3125?)

3) Defining all other kit settings including PS8740B Parade Switch.

I selected "CYPD3120-40LQXI_dp_dongle.cywrk" example from PSoC Creator's Start Page tab under Start > Kits > EZ-PD CCGx SDK

I then performed an "Update Components" on the project

When running a Clean and Build, I get the following error:

Description = prg.M0120:Build error: passing argument 1 of 'memset' discards ' volatile' qualifier from pointer target type [-Werror=discarded-array-qulaifiers]

File = usb.c

Error Location = line 413, col 12

The error points to line 413 in usb.c which is:

memset(&gl_usb.active_alt_inf, 0, USB_NUM_INTERFACE);

What options are available to debug this error or alternatively find a working dp_dongle demo?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Greg