CYBLE-224116-01 - not getting expected low power. Can Cypress supply demo projects?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

Having issues getting the power consumption as low as expected. It could be something in my complex project. I would like to test a couple of simple projects on the CYBLE-224116-01

1) A FindMe Peripheral where the CYBLE-224116-01 module is in Deep Sleep mode and sends an  advertising packet every 2 seconds.

2) A FindMe Peripheral and Central where the CYBLE-224116-01 is in Deep Sleep mode and sends an advertising packet every 2 seconds AND wakes up every 30 seconds scans for 2.1 seconds  (repeats this every 30 seconds)

Can you create these demo projects for me to test?

Thanks,
Mike Roberts

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Mike,

Please find attached project 1 and project 2. Please check the tera term print statements and update me if they are working as expected.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Mike,

For your first code example request, the Find me code example present in PSoC Creator is already provided with Low power code. To make the project advertise for every 2 seconds you just have to change the advertisement interval to 2 seconds in the BLE configuration tab (see the attached image).

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Sorry.  And for 1.  I need it to be in Deep Sleep for 30 seconds.  How do I do that in the FindMe project?

0 Likes

Hi Mike,

Please find the attached BLE_findme project modified for your requirement 2. Please have a look. The project will advertise for 30 seconds with 2 seconds interval. Once in 30 seconds it scans for 2 seconds.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Mike,

Please find the attached PROJECT_1 that meets your requirement 1. The project will advertise with an interval of 2 seconds for the first 30 seconds. After 30 seconds the BLE device will not advertise.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

I guess that I am not explaining this very well.

1)  FIndMe Profile -  Peripheral Mode - Deep Sleep for 30 seconds.  Wake up and advertise for 2 seconds.  Go back into Deep Sleep for 30 seconds. Wake up and advertise for 2 seconds and repeat.

2) FindMe Profile - Central and Peripheral Mode -  Just like above, DS for 30 sec.  Adv for sec - repeat.  Add scan for 2 sec after the 30 second DS.   Never advertise for 30 sec.  DS for 30 sec - adv for 2

0 Likes

Hi Mike,

Please find attached project 1 and project 2. Please check the tera term print statements and update me if they are working as expected.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes