Feature Request: Add option to Chipload to enable programming BD Address

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I read through the blog posts about how to program the BD Address, and the methods mentioned are more difficult and risky than they should be. On ChipLoad, please add a command line option to write in a specified BD Address. It would be desirable to also have an option to have ChipLoad generate a random number (with 2 most significant bits being 11) and write that instead. Both options are useful.

Including it as a command line argument makes it easier for automating this process during production.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe you are referring to the blog here: BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production

This leverages a Perl script for BD_ADDR programming in production.

This discussion actually looks at changing the BD_ADDR within CGS.exe:Re: How to program BCM20736 without changing the BTP file each time

Appreciate the feedback.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I believe you are referring to the blog here: BD_ADDR: Changing BCM20737 Board Address for Production

This leverages a Perl script for BD_ADDR programming in production.

This discussion actually looks at changing the BD_ADDR within CGS.exe:Re: How to program BCM20736 without changing the BTP file each time

Appreciate the feedback.

0 Likes